There has been a school in Mileham since 1619. However, the school was not officially established until 17th October 1677.
The Norfolk Rural School Survey states that a school building existed in 1834, but was rebuilt in 1879. The porch may be all that survives of the 1834 building. A felt roofed extension at the back was built in the 1950’s and a new classroom was added in 2003.
During the last one hundred years, there have been many changes in the life of the school.
In May 1912 there were 100 children at the school, with an average attendance of 94 pupils in three classrooms. Being a rural school, considerable emphasis was placed on horticulture, most prominently vegetable and fruit production. In that year the school beat Elmham at cricket, and in August the school closed for the four weeks to accommodate the harvest. Only 76 pupils returned to lessons, the remainder still being at work in the harvest fields.
Records show that :-